binSight Automated Bin Management System
For grain handlers and merchandisers, having up-to-date inventory knowledge is key for correct binning, meeting contract requirements, producing more profitable blends, tracking grain, and providing IP documentation.
Proceres' automated bin management software provides immediate, accurate quantity and quality information and eliminates the need for managing bin inventory “from memory” or on manual whiteboards for grain operations.
By having the right information at the right time gives you the advantage to determine such things as whether a contract with particular grade factor requirements can be met, and how full the grain elevator is and with what commodities, helps you be better preparted for harvest and shipping becomes less stressful. Personnel can keep track of grain for traceability plus more control in addressing tough issues like moisture shrink.
Manage Bin Inventory
Improve decision making with easy access to up-to-the-minute grain storage information.
- View online bin board that displays quantity and quality attributes for each bin, as well as information about the contents including product, factors, capacities, last measure-up, and test results of last lab samples.
- Stay up-to-date with continual automatic postings to the bin board with inbound and outbound quantities, while tracking quality on more than 14 averaged grade factors.
- Make more informed and timely decisions such as whether a contract with particular grade factor requirements can be met and when inventory will be ready to ship for improved coordination between merchandising and operations.
- Provide enterprise-wide access to elevator status information via the network to provide regional operations staff with information they need to do their jobs more efficiently.
- Capture market opportunities and be ready for grain harvest seasons by knowing at a glance how full the bins are and with what commodities.
- Save time by eliminating the need to manually calculate weighted average on one or many grade factors as loads are binned.
BinSight customers can now meet Market Demands
“Regional managers can pull up any of the locations and quickly determine what location has the grades they need, and how much of it, in order to meet certain specifications – then they can make logistics plans. Meeting specific orders is very essential to our bottom line.”
- binSight user
Achieve Better Blending
Maximize the value of your inventory with better blending.
- Document the movement of product from source bins to destination bins.
- Model "what if' scenarios quickly without manual calculations to plan grain bin flow rates in order to reach target blend results more consistently.
- Select bins and their proportions to rapidly arrive at desired blend/transfer factors and traits.
- Reduce variability for minimizing discounts, maximizing premiums, and improving buyer satisfaction.
Generate reports for operations management, historical information, planning, and FSMA compliance.
- Produce a historical view of all events in a specific bin for complete and accurate bin history information.
- Use bin history information to easily identify, edit, or reassign tickets and transfers.
- Document bin measure-ups to record depth and other pertinent physical inspection information.
- Identify the details of Inventory on hand (product, quantity, and averaged factors) for individual bins, annexes, and/or facilities for month-end reporting to the grain accounting system for more efficient inventory valuation and reconciliation.
Scale Automation Integration
Integrate to oneWeigh scale automation system to ensure correct storage bin assignments.
- Select the bins from the scale automation system during unloading and view a filtered list of bins which have like commodities as well as the average grade factors for each bin.
- Ensure accurate bin assignment during inbound and outbound grain movement and save time with the ability to post bin assignments from the scale.
- Reduce the risk of costly errors due to choosing the wrong bin for assignment.
Keep track of grain from start to finish - where it came from, where it went in the facility, and where it shipped - for traceability and identity preservation.
- Access reports to locate a load into or out of the facility based on any of several criteria.
- Track commodities from the inbound ticket through the elevator to determine where a load was binned and mitigate potential for problems.
- Verify shrink and grade factor differences more easily for management purposes.
- Monitor grain for long-term storage management.
- Use electronic information to compare results with grain examination findings.
Ready to Learn More?
We invite you to review one of our customer success stories to learn how this solution is allowing them to capture more market opportunity, increase efficency and track inventory for compliance.